Who knew that through the alchemy of the Wharton School (B.S.), Columbia University (M.A.), and the Peace Corps (Iran) that I'd become a career counselor, writing consultant, artist, teacher, and speaker?
For over 20 years, I've run two businesses:
- LIFEWORKS Career & Life Design
- Concord Avenue Writing Center
Through these two businesses, I provide a variety of services for individuals and organizations:
- Career and personal assessment
- Career redirection and life design
- Worklife seminars, lectures, and retreats
- Professional development services for career counselors
- Specialized programs in applied creativity for businesses, colleges, art centers, and civic and religious organizations
- Business writing, content design, and writing coaching
- Journal and life planning retreats
- Special events and projects involving writing, art, and performance
Before all this, I worked as a Peace Corps volunteer, economist, project manager, photographer, staff writer, and teacher.
My writing has appeared in over 25 publications, and I am currently working on two books:
- A Traveler in The World of Work: Tools for Crossing into Your Own Land
- 100 Things to Do Before You Hit 100
I'm frequently quoted in the media, have appeared on WBUR (National Public Radio's local affiliate), was profiled on Boston Channel 5's Evening Chronicle, and interviewed on Channel 7 News.
I am also on the boards of the Cambridge Center for Adult Education and the Association of Career Professionals International, Boston Chapter.
A Client Story:
The Renaissance Man
A 28-year-old felt direction-less because he'd "frittered" away his time "dabbling" in art, Japanese history, fundraising, French, psychology, and writing.
When he came to value his experiences and personality style, he could see their applications to communications, publishing, teaching, guidance, writing, and adventure travel. When he learned a new way to see and tell his story, job offers came to him.
Kendall Dudley, M.A.
50 Grafton Street
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA 02474